Art Contest Rules
- No registration is required to vote through the Additional Needs Nature Art Contest Website.
- Voters may vote once per hour on each piece of artwork, including their own.
- The five artists with the most public votes in each category will advance to the Judge’s voting.
The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
This online Juried Art Competition is open to individuals with additional needs of all ages. If your child is younger than 5 years old enter in the K-2 age group.
- Painting of Nature
- Drawing of Nature
- Photograph of Nature
- Sculpture of Nature (Ceramics/Pottery/Paper Mache)
- Fiber of Nature
- Collage of Nature
- Other of Nature
Artwork Submission Process
- Visit our Art Contest Entry web page located at: https://additionalneeds.info/art-contest/
- Click the Artist Registration button to be taken to our Artist Entry Form.
- Complete all required fields.
- If you are ready to submit your artwork, you may do so at this time. Otherwise, you may access your account at a later date and time to update your entry and upload a photograph of your artwork.
No artwork needs to be physically shipped. These will be showcased as online exhibits on a profile we create for the artists. If you encounter any problems submitting your entry or have a contest related question please contact our support team using our website contact form located at https://additionalneeds.info/contact/
Artwork File Size and Formats
Your artwork image submission will be best represented at 1280 x 720 pixels (dimensions). Our system will accept images under 5 megabytes in file size. Please note that the quality of the images submitted will play a role in the judging process. It is best if the images submitted are no smaller than 600 pixels on any one side. The following image file formats are acceptable: jpg, jpeg, or png.
The Work Must Be Original
You must be the original creator of the art with some assistance and image file you or your approved representative submit to the competition. Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials. We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork created solely by you and/or your caregiver. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
There is no restriction on entering art that has been entered into previous competitions.
By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our website Additionalneeds.info and in our newsletters, promotional materials, and in the marketing of the art competitions to the general public. Artworks will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here. All winning entries will be displayed on our Additional Needs, Inc. website. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical / archival online contest catalog. It can be removed at a later date upon request by contacting us through our online contact form located at https://additionalneeds.info/contact/ or by letter P.O. Box 110124 Naples, FL. 34108.
The artists that win via the judges in each category will receive $100.
- Does the submitted artwork fit the theme nature?
- Is there a creative interpretation of the subject/theme?
- Is the originality of the work interesting?
- Is there overall quality and command of the medium being used?
- Does the work impact the viewer in relationship to the theme?
- Does the work stand on its own as a complete and outstanding creative image?
- The composition and design of the work is also a judging criteria.
Artworks may be submitted up until midnight Eastern Standard Time on December 31st, 2023. No artworks can be accepted past this posted deadline.
- If cash prizes are awarded, cash prizes will be paid through a company check mailed to the winner within 14 business days of winning notification.
- If physical prizes are awarded, we will notify you of your win and we will make them available to you via mail or a venue to be named later.
- Certificates of Participation will be available to all artists after the contest has ended via download.
Winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and if required will complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received..
Document Version 1.5